The San Antonio IRS Tax Levy Attorneys fight for their clients on a variety of issues, such as personal injury and property taxes. Defense Tax Partners in San Antonio offers the following tax reduction services:
– Stop IRS Levy: An IRS levy is when the Internal Revenue Service makes an administrative tax demand against a person. A person can voluntarily file a request with the IRS for an automatic stay to stop the levy and the amount it will require the IRS to reimburse from the recipient’s bank account or pay. This is usually done through a petition that is filed with the Office of Revenue Appeals.
– Stop IRS Garnishments: Most federal employees get a notice that states their tax obligation has increased by more than $1000 per year. Some of these notices state the garnishment is for failure to pay, but some also state that the garnishment is for failure to pay on a tax debt, including back taxes, fines, or interest. The notice indicates a specific time period for the employer to pay the tax or face a penalty.
– Penalty abatement: The IRS sometimes applies a penalty abatement penalty to tax liens, like tax lien certificate holders. If the tax liability is not paid, these penalties can be added on to the outstanding balance of the tax liability. The penalties are assessed after the first two payments and added to the tax liability over time.
– Unfiled Tax Returns: If an individual is not sure if he/she has filed his/her tax return, the IRS provides the assistance of tax attorneys. Tax attorneys can help the individual with the process of filing his/her tax return and the corresponding penalty abatements. They can also assist the person in collecting any delinquent amounts that have not been collected from tax lien holders or other tax delinquency.
– Offer in Compromise: The Offer in Compromise allows taxpayers an opportunity to have their new tax return accepted in exchange for a lump sum payment. When the new tax return is accepted, the taxpayer is forgiven all past due penalties.
Tax attorneys are also available to help taxpayers with the process of consolidating federal income tax liabilities. Many tax lien holders who are involved with the collection of tax obligations prefer to retain the services of a tax attorney in order to avoid the additional work of chasing a taxpayer through the legal system. Most tax attorneys are familiar with the process of settling federal tax liabilities. They can advise the taxpayer regarding the best course of action for dealing with the IRS.
IRS tax attorneys understand the complex issues surrounding the collection of tax debts owed by taxpayers. This helps them provide better service to their clients in the future.
It is important that taxpayers realize that collection efforts are undertaken by tax lien holders as a matter of course and not as a result of the request of the government. This is not intended to discourage the taxpayer, it is simply the result of the tax lien holder’s financial circumstances.